subhumannonpersonsubhumannonperson

Main Movies Favorites Reviews Stats

LUCKY DAY FOREVER LUCKY DAY FOREVER

Ah, the sweet scent of social critique in animation. Maybe it's just me, but I enjoyed watching this one so much more because of being a sociology major. It's so analogous to all the saturated advertising shit that we see today. The "prole" thing was a nice touch, even though I don't agree with the Marxist dichotomy.

I don't know what came into you to make this animation, but whatever it is, keep it in. This is great.

Starcraft Symphony Starcraft Symphony

Oh teh lulz

I have to be frank: wasn't that good with the animations.
The fairly good timing, though, especially with the music, made it hilarious. And the ending. Oh, man, the ending. Brb, died laughing.
Good job.

Nyan Steve 1955-2011 Nyan Steve 1955-2011

Context. .-.

I happened upon a quote from, I forgot who, who said "If you can't make fun of it, then it's probably not worth taking seriously." And I have to admit, while I myself am sick of all the Nyan Cat parodies (and couldn't really stand Nyan Cat in the beginning), this is a pretty funny tribute, albeit sending the wrong message to some people. At least I know that you guys made this in memory of Steve Jobs with a sense of humor in mind.

i saw her standing there i saw her standing there

This is just the most adorable zombie game ever.

Hunger Time! Hunger Time!

Just speculating.

I noticed that you seem to be able to control, to a certain extent, where the meat will fall next, but the monster doesn't move... I dunno, maybe it's me, but it's not working right...

--- oops. wait. i got it. you don't see the monster moving. it's like the catcher is invisible and there's just this gator standing around.

Little Wheel Little Wheel

Length is fine if the circles weren't there.

This kind of short game is something that keeps you wanting more, so I have no problem with the length IF what needed to be done wasn't being fed to us by the guide circles. While there's not much narrative, I do love the atmosphere, I love how everything is a silhouette, and I just can't get over the music. Oh jeez, do I love the music. It's cute, it's a good escape, but it was made to be way too easy. Other than that, I love how everything is animated so smoothly, and the general feel of the game... Plus, I get a big statue of myself for my good deeds, so that's rad too. :P Wonderful job.

White (Piano Improv) White (Piano Improv)

This made my evening.

I accidentally muttered "I love this" out loud at the first minute. I gotta start learning to play the piano...

MrMusicalLion responds:

If you want to learn piano, choose a song you love with every part of you, and exclusively learn it until you can play it perfectly. Never play anything that bores you :) GO FOR IT! :)

Helix - Vigilance Helix - Vigilance

Gold.

First time I heard this was on Thing Thing Arena 2, one of my favorite flash games back then. Ever since, I couldn't stop listening to this. Way awesome.

Madness 4 Madness 4

Wow.

Years have passed since I first heard this in Apotheosis and I still love this song. Just awesome.

Bloodthirsty Bloodthirsty

Great

A few tweaks mentioned below like the guy's face to the left, but what I really love about this is that this can set an example to concept artists for games and shows that show female characters being too sexualized. Nothing wrong with a sexy lady protagonist, but how she's presented is what turns into an issue. Here, you can plainly see the character as fierce, and as the title says, bloodthirsty in one image, while staying attractive without the need for pandering to the usual "teen, male, hetero only interested in huge breasted girls" that a lot of mainstream artists for video games and shows do. I love the presentation. I faved and rated this a long while back, but I felt a lot of the stuff I didn't review before deserved more praise, and this is one of them. Great job.

Fuck it. Fuck it.

Wonderful

It definitely captures the real meaning of the phrase that titles it... I've found myself in this kind of position with the exception of the cigarette. I love it. It's just so appropriate. :)

Johannek responds:

hehe yeah i think everyone feels this way one time or another.

The Last Supperstar The Last Supperstar

Madness Day WIN

A lot of the reviews that like this have been marked as useless. I'm guessing that was done by a lot of religious people offended by the Madness version of Jesus... Meh, I'm guessing that's also why this is dangerously close to becoming below 4.00. This deserves a way higher score. He should have had the white revolver in his hand though, I think that would have shown the badass in Madness Inundation. Awesome job, man. Don't let these fundies ruin your day. You deserve front page. \m/

Aetolon responds:

I think every Christian out there should appreciate that there exists a modern version of Jesus that isn't portrayed as a lamb-hugging hippie.
Jesus did say; "I come not to bring peace, but to bring a sword" and "I have come to cast fire upon the earth". And the Madness Jesus is just the character that would say something like that. I was actually thinking of adding a gun in the image, but I wanted to make it look "authentic" esque. If the madness Jesus was a actual religious idol, then portraying him with a gun would make him look agressive/offensive, and would be like portraying Stalin with a skull in his hand. In other words, not something his followers would do. That being said, I think many could agree that it would still look awesome with a gun as well.